You can upload your site files to the server using the FTP protocol. You will need FTP software on your computer to manage this process. Some website management tools, like Adobe Dreamweaver, come with FTP tools built-in.
During the hosting account setup process, Summersault gives you the FTP server name, user name, and password to use in configuring this software. If you've misplaced this information, please submit a support request and we can reset it for you.
For most of our shared hosting accounts, the FTP Host/server name will be the address of your website, e.g. "www.yoursitename.com".
For most of our shared hosting accounts, you should make sure your website files go in the "public_html" directory on the server, which is the "root" directory of your website.
For the best experience ensure that you your FTP programm to use Passive FTP to transfer files.
If you are using FrontPage to upload your site, you can follow these instructions:
- Open the FrontPage program and bring up your site
- Click on File -> Publish Site
- In the upper right corner of the window, there should be an option called "Remote Website Properties." Click on it.
- In the new window, select the "FTP" option
- The address for your site should be "www.yoursitename.com" unless otherwise instructed by Avanti Hosting
- Set the upload directory name to be "public_html"
- Your username and password should have been provided to you by Avanti Hosting during the account setup process
- You will now be able to see the remote directory, which shows the contents of your hosting account space. From there, you can choose to upload the entire site, or just synchronize the parts that have changed (if some site files already exist on the hosting account).
Note that Avanti Hosting does NOT support FrontPage extensions in its hosting environment, but you can still use FrontPage to upload files via FTP.
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution